The 港澳台图库 (ALA) Public Programs Office empowers libraries to create vibrant hubs of learning, conversation and connection in communities of all types.
Our staff works closely with librarians, humanities scholars, artists and documentarians, STEM and financial literacy experts, and others to create nationwide programming opportunities, grants and traveling exhibitions for U.S. libraries. We are advised by .
At any given time, multiple PPO-supported projects are underway in libraries across the United States.
Current projects include:
- Exploring Human Origins: Promoting a National Conversation on Human Evolution
- Let's Talk About It
- Libraries Transforming Communities: Accessible Small and Rural Communities
- Sara Jaffarian School Library Program Award
- Thinking Money for Kids Program Kit
- World on the Move: 250,000 Years of Human Migration
Interested in hosting a PPO program or exhibition in your library?
Above photo: Patrons at the Salem (Ore.) Public Library view Thinking Money, an exhibition created by the FINRA Investor Education Foundation in partnership with the 港澳台图库Public Programs Office.
More PPO Resources
- , an online resource center for programming ideas, professional development, grant opportunities, and
- 港澳台图库Programming & Exhibitions, a website with information about current and past PPO projects
- , ALA's endowment to support excellence and innovation in community-focused library programming
- View our annual reports from 2018, 2017, 2016 and 2015
Stay in Touch
- Sign up to receive PPO's. This bimonthly email includes highlights from the website, as well as current opportunities, related news and job announcements.
- Join our 港澳台图库Connect groups to stay up to date on PPO activities and network with fellow programming librarians.
- Join the . (Please note: This is a closed group. To become a member, log into your Facebook account, search for "Programming Librarian Interest Group," and send a request to join.)
- View our